Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Trip to Williamsburg, Va

Tiffany and I drove to Williamsburg, Virginia this past weekend for a show I agreed to play with the gospel group Narrow Road.

It was a nine hour drive and the group wanted to make a mini-vacation out of it so we left on Friday morning

I always have a good time traveling with these guys and this time was no exception. We had a great deal of laughs, goofy photos and of course, gospel music along the way.

Williamsburg is a very historic and beautiful place. It is extremely close to Jamestown, the first American settlement. Tiffany and I enjoyed the town so much that we took a walk to eat supper on Saturday night.

The venue we played at was impressive as well. It was previously a country music hall and the staff there were amazing. We shared the stage with Firm Foundation, a gospel quartet, and Cody Schuler and Pine Mountain Railroad who were all great artists.

Our trip back was a hurried one. We had to be back in Richmond, Kentucky by 6pm to help out Charlie Hall with his radio show, The Bluegrass Express on 100.7 The Coyote. We drove straight there from Williamsburg and managed to get in at 6:05. Not bad!

Charlie's show was great (as always) and we finished there around 9. I think we are finally caught up on our rest. Im ready to do it again!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! I have been through Virginia but never to Williamsburg. It's a nice state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. I love the mountains. I got a little car sick going through them though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post baby. I have been too lazy to write about our trip. I have not caught up on my sleep yet. I can't stop yawning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time. My wife and I went there for our honeymoon a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete